Public Invited to Shape Future of the Wyoming State Fair and Fairgrounds
The Wyoming State Fair Board NEEDS YOUR HELP! We are soliciting input and ideas from Wyoming residents, through a state-wide on-line survey, that will be used to improve the attractiveness of, participation in, and attendance at the annual Wyoming State Fair and the year-round events staged at the Wyoming State Fairgrounds!
The State of Wyoming and the Wyoming State Fair will be hosts of the 2018 Vortex Extreme - a hunting inspired, team based shooting competition “where endurance and accuracy meet”. Vortex Optics, Strategic Match Designs and The Wyoming Department of Agriculture have collaborated to bring this event to the Wyoming State Fairgrounds August 10th and 11th, 2018.
Teams of two carrying bolt action or modern sporting rifles will navigate mountain terrain and shoot multiple targets from distances of 400 yards up to 1 mile. The Vortex Extreme will headquarter at the State Fairgrounds and competition will take place on the spectacular Wagonhound Ranch above Douglas, Wyoming.
“The spirit of this event sets it apart” said Governor Matt Mead, “Hunters and long range shooters challenge themselves, hone their skill and have a good time doing it. I am pleased that Vortex and Strategic Match Designs have partnered with the Wyoming State Fair and the Wagonhound Ranch for this world class event.”
“From long range hunters, to Precision Rifle Series competitors to military and law enforcement snipers – we all love shooting” said Mark Boardman of Vortex Optics. “This event is about great comradery, helping one another improve and a shared a passion for long-range shooting.”
“I want to thank the Wagonhound for hosting this year’s course,” said Governor Mead. “Events that support partnerships of private landowners and quality companies create opportunities for everyday sportsmen and sportswomen, agriculture and the state.”
The Wyoming State Fair is now accepting donations to the WSF Endowment online, through the mail, and in person at the Wyoming State Fair main office.
The Wyoming State Fair Endowment was passed by the Wyoming Legislature in 2018 with the goal of providing a more stable and consistent funding avenue for the future of the Wyoming State Fair. After more than 100 years of success at the Wyoming State Fair, the WSF Endowment was established to make sure the fair survives and flourishes for the next 100 years.
As part of the legislation, $100,000 was appropriated from the general fund to start the endowment. Donations to the fund from local communities, business, individuals and non-profits are encouraged and will be matched by the Wyoming State Treasurer up to $100,000. Along with this, a penny of every dollar of non-fair time revenue will go into the endowment to help it grow. As the money in the account earns interest, 25% of the funds will go to the Wyoming State Fair to operate the fair and grounds with the remaining 75% being put back into the Endowment to continue building the account. As the account grows, the funds available for the Fair will continue to grow and subsequently, ensure future funding for the Wyoming State Fair.
You can donate to the WSF Endowment online by following this link http://www.wystatefair.com/endowment
If you'd like to donate through the mail, send checks with "Endowment" written in the memo line to P.O. Drawer 10, Douglas, WY 82633
If you want to bring a donation in person, bring them to the WSF main office in Ag Hall at 400 W Center Street in Douglas Wyoming.
For more information, visit http://www.wystatefair.com/endowment or call the Wyoming State Fair at 307-358-2398.